Heres the story. Today I woke up early before Carter got up and accomplished my personal study, put the house in order, got his bottle ready before he started screaming for it, made the bed, started laundry, and wished my husband off to work with a kiss. The day was going great. So Carter woke up happy (which is rare) and I started to get him ready for our morning walk. We had breakfast and headed to the mall to meet a friend for our morning walking ritual. I know, I know, I'm really am getting to the climax, just wait for it. We came home just in time for me to cut his hair, give him a bath and put him down for a nap. Feeling really ambitious, I started to clean the house from top to bottom. I was almost done with the last bathroom, when I noticed a little dust on my new appothicary jars (you know the ones that you put q-tip and cotton balls in). I proceeded to spray them with windex and holding them firmly I began to wipe off the dust. Just as I was analyzing my freshly cleaned jar, the jar shattered in my hands, cutting me to shreds. Seriously, it got my wrist in 3 spots, my pinky finger, my thumb, and first finger. On both hands mind you. So as I'm sitting there pulling out the shards of glass and watching blood drip down my arms and hitting the clean floor. I got to thinking, Mom's can't get hurt. Really though, it almost looked like I need stitches in my wrist, but I just slapped a bandaid on it. So I'm laughing know about it, thinking what would I have said to the doctors if I had gone. I just broke a jar, sure they would think. My wrist has cuts on it like a crazy person! Well, all is well now, but make sure you moms out there have a plan if you get seriously hurt!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Slap a band aid on it?! The funny thing is I can totally see this whole thing playing out in my mind! Crazy girl...are you bleeding to death? I hope you're all right! The doctor would have looked at you funny, but man how crazy is that!
Ouch! I hope you're healing up okay. That seems like it might be a tad bit painful!
Just read the post about Carter's leg before this..sounds like you guys are having a fun time right now!
Post a Comment